Monday, September 20, 2010

Pentel Energel .5mm Needle Tip Review

Considering this is my first post, I thought I would start out with a review of one of my favorite pens. I own a number of Energel pens and I've always been impressed with how dark, consistent and smooth they are. This is my review of the Pentel Energel .5mm Needle Tip. 

Pentel Energel .5mm Needle Tip Retractable Pen


Ever since I bought my first pack of Energel .5mm pens a few months ago, I was hooked. They write smooth, dark and consistent. The ones I originally bought were the capped "stick" versions but I eventually purchased a box of 12 retractable ones on eBay. The refill will even fit in the Pentel Excalibur RX15! The only real downside I have with the ink is that it is not water resistant. When I was finishing up my final semester of college, I would use this pen to write notes due to the quick drying time allowing me to highlight key phrases without having to wait a lengthy period of time. Pentel also makes the Energel in a .7mm tip, but as of the time of writing this, I haven't tried it. I have some on the way however, so look for that review in the near future. Currently, the .5mm needle tip is one of my favorite pens.






-Derek (ThirdeYe)

No comments:

Post a Comment